At Huggler we’re always keen to support photo competitions and especially when they’re local to us here in Jersey. So we jumped at the opportunity to get behind Spirit of Heritage, a photo competition where entrants are asked to to encapsulate the Spirit of Jersey’s Heritage. Entrants need to show the judges a glimpse of that magical moment and memories captured at the Jersey’s most iconic heritage sites from a photo of their family exploring the castle walls with Jersey Adventures, a morning coffee after a stay at a heritage holiday let, a picnic shared at La Hougue Bie or children singing at the Hamptonne Cider Festival. Judges are looking for something recognisable and memorable which reflects the life and soul of these iconic sites which have shaped Jersey’s history.
There are four different categories for people to enter:
- Classic Photographer 2013 (two classes – 18s and under and 18 plus)
- Artistic Photographer 2013
- Instagramer 2013
- Videographer 2013
Each class will be judged by a panel of judges, including:
- Tricia Kennedy (Associate of the Royal Photographic Society)
- Deputy Rod Bryans (Heritage Year Blogspot)
- John Nasey (Fellow of the Royal Photographic Society)
- Jeremy Swetenham (Jersey Heritage Commercial Director)
- Peter Mourant (Jersey Evening Post photo editor)
Each winner will receive a 100 page Personalised Photo Book and poster of their winning entry from Huggler plus other prizes.
If you’d like to enter or simply find out more click here.